Monday, December 01, 2008

Russian Cheese Buttons

So I've made and enjoyed this recipe twice now, and I figured it would be good to share. I'm going to try halving it tonight, so I'll let you know how it turns out. Don't worry about the calories from baking it in cream; as I said to a relative at Thanksgiving, it was calorie neutral for me because I made it. I got a 4 quart Pyrex mixing bowl that works perfectly to mix everything in.

1 qt (8 cups) DRY CURD cottage cheese
2 C Sour Cream
3 Beaten Eggs

3 C All-purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix wet ingredients, Mix dry ingredients. Add dry to wet for a fairly dry mixture. Scoop with 2 Tablespoon "ice cream" scoop onto parchment covered cookie sheets leaving an inch between scoops (about 12 per sheet) Bake 20-25 minutes at 350. Yield around 40 cheese buttons that can be frozen or stored in refrigerator before baking in cream (heavier the better) another 20 minutes @ 350 for service.

When baking them in the cream, cover buttons with cream. I used a quart of cream for a whole recipe when I baked them in a 10 x 15 Pyrex dish. My other serving suggestion is to eat with raspberry preserves.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home