Friday, November 05, 2010

Branded

I'm kinda particular about a few mundane items.

I prefer Post Raisin Bran to any other.

Charmin Basic is my toilet paper of choice.

Hellman's Mayonnaise. On this one the important issue is mayo vs. Miracle Whip, but I like Hellman's so I'll stick with that.

Locally I prefer Blue Bunny Ice Cream, not over Haagen-Daas but over Kemp's, Breyer's, and others of that ilk.

American Crew Citrus Mint Conditioner. I was introduced to this from a previous hair stylist, and just loved the cooling mint on my head.

Where do your brand loyalties rest (cop-out to avoid the lay-lie solipsism)?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At November 06, 2010 10:26 AM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Whoa, whoa. I'm pretty sure you mean Dreyer's, not Breyer's! Breyer's is the good stuff... or used to be, anyway, with an extremely simple list of quality ingredients. Dreyer's (Edy's out there, perhaps?) is more like a Kemp's or Blue Bunny.

Also (to be pedantic), is there really a question over whether it should be lay or lie in that last sentence?

 
At November 06, 2010 1:39 PM, Blogger Leah said...

My TP choice: the cheapest price per square foot.

My mayo choice: homemade, always.

I don't use shampoo.

And I can't eat ice cream, but I do make my own coconut milk ice cream. It's yummy.

 
At November 06, 2010 11:42 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Good catch Ceri, I have enjoyed Breyer's (this should be a fun taste test if I ever defrost my freezer for the space to store all those ice creams).

Leah, do you have any other things you only prefer from one brand? Ceri, for example has me sold on the Oral-B cross-action toothbrush.

 
At November 07, 2010 12:00 AM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Ha! I love that toothbrush! Did I tell you that I started using them on another friend's recommendation?

And Leah, would you post your coconut milk ice cream recipe? There are some good commercial varieties out there, but I would love to try homemade!

 
At November 08, 2010 8:59 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Hmm, I hate my current toothbrush. Maybe I'll try this one.

I'll only use Bragg's apple cider vinegar. All the rest taste too sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home