Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Dozen Chicks Were in My Pants Last Night

Literally. In my dreams.

I had a dream that I was in a grocery store and the eggs were old. [How old were they?] They were so old they were hatching into chicks. And for some reason we were trying to gather them all, but I had to shake them out of my pants. At least in my dream world they were a nice fuzzy tickly and not all beaks and claws.

The second half of the dream included more small tactile animals, a rodent, I think a gerbil, because it had a tail but wasn't too rat like, there was a parti-colored coat, pied if you will. This took place in my DAA dream location, like DAA but not. In a space like the north side of the basement library. It was a competition between groups of people. I didn't realise til the end that it was a competition to see who could eliminate the most gerbils in a given time. There wasn't any blood though which probably threw me off. The probable winner and feature of my dream was a group that had a conveyor belt with a vacuum tube with four blades that joined to open and close the tube. Very efficient. Take that Martin Luther King Jr.

(Listening to The Avalanche, Sufjan Steven's latest release, recorded during Come On Feel the Illinoise.)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At August 30, 2006 11:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dearest Daniel,

There are several things I really never want to hear about. Your pants and what is in them and chickens.

You also are now not allowed any where near Gerbil. I think he is cuter alive.

L,
w

 
At August 30, 2006 11:59 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Congratulations, you win for quickest comment on a new post. Well I spent three hours of the evening with you before going to bed, so maybe it has something to do with your company.

 
At September 01, 2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Angela said...

i feel very uncomfortable.

 
At September 01, 2006 11:10 PM, Blogger Buffy Turner said...

I miss Angela.

 
At September 02, 2006 12:30 AM, Blogger Wishydig said...

Daniel - Have you read the latest few items on the Spectrum Blog? Alex is posting his recent e-mail exchanges with Timothy Puko a journalist. Their conversation includes some very frank and provocative language. The topic relates to investigative reporting on the church organization. One report mentioned is in the current Spectrum Magazine. I have yet to read it (it came yesterday and is sitting on my dining-room table) though it sounds interesting.

 
At September 02, 2006 4:24 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

I have now. Puko is passionate. Two things:

Puko's plea for a return to the spirit of Adventism fits nicely with Bob Rigsby in the "Featured Columns." I really liked what Bob had to say.

Their mention of the Fourth Estate in a "sevy" setting ties into the microcosm of governing you discussed with Alex in the Losing Our American Soul comment thread.

I agreed with the socratic gadfly cant of Timothy. There are scores of collegiate interns to provide a company line for every conference and union office. Give me what I won't get there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home