Saturday, August 19, 2006

"The Night That I Fell In Love With a Roller Derby Queen"

I had a 7 outta 10 great time at Pershing watching the No Coast Derby Girls: Mary Kay Mafia and Gang Green compete. My favorites were Shiv from MKM and Devilynn Wheels from GG, honorable mention goes to Systa Wrecktomy. I was most pleased with the rules of the derby and the strategies implemented by the teams. As great as the pageantry is, they are still impressive "athletes." The team strategy seems to be a combination of rugby and race car drafting.

OK GO "Here It Goes Again" is a great video.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At August 22, 2006 6:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My fav was the ref, Conan the Vegetarian.

Fun times.

 
At August 25, 2006 6:48 PM, Blogger Buffy Turner said...

Daniel, Daniel,

I just came to your site to link to Spectrum's, but apparently you scrapped it. How come?

 
At August 26, 2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I scrapped it because I wasn't using it. But it is back, and I'll use it more because of you.

 
At August 26, 2006 10:40 PM, Blogger Buffy Turner said...

I only just now actually watched the video link. That's awesome.

And I promise I'm done leaving comments under the penultimate post. I'd add one last note saying, "The End," but I'm so sure something of censure might pop up on the screen telling me my allotted space has long since been exhausted.

But it was such a fun one, ya know?

But I can move on. I really can.

 
At August 30, 2006 10:48 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Those names are amazing!

 
At August 30, 2006 11:56 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I'm glad you appreciate the names Ceri. Ms. Welch works with Botox Betty and there is a Roller Girl Registry for names, serious stuff. You can see more by searching for No Coast Derby Girls on MySpace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home