Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pride and Joy of Illinois

So my Bears won today 39-14. This means they get to be part of the Superbowl in Miami on the Fourth of February. Their head coach Lovie Smith is the first black head coach to be in the Superbowl, beating his former boss and friend Tony Dungy by a few hours. This means there will be two weeks of coverage by media. This is generally a bad thing. Everyone will know that Bob Sanders, safety for the Colts, was born Demond Sanders and asked his mother to switch to something easier. We'll know a lot more about Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith's relationship, faith, and race. We'll know the career stats for not only Peyton Manning and Rex Grossman, but Dan Klecko and Jason McKie. I'll try not to saturate this space with such pedestrian stuff. This is exciting for my father and me because he is a Colts fan and I am a Bears fan. That is one story you won't hear about on ESPN.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 22, 2007 1:21 PM, Blogger Kate Lechler said...

Congratulations. You'll have to tell me what to look for during the game, since I'm a football illiterate.

 
At January 22, 2007 10:51 PM, Blogger Randomness said...

I didnt realize they were "your" Bears. Nice to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home