Friday, December 26, 2008

Follow Up

So I went to my English Bible and looked up Isa. 8:3 and the liner notes for 8:1, which also has Mahershalalhashbaz, says that it is literally Speed the Spoil, Hasten the Booty. What a good name for a pirate or pirate ship.

And I've finally had a piece of that cardamom fig bread pudding, and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Last year I expressed my appreciation for the concept in the hymn O, Holy Night about souls finding their worth when Jesus appears. This year my hymnal nugget of interest is the second verse of O Come, O Come, Immanuel:

O Come, Thou Wisdom from on high, And order all things, far and nigh; To us the path of knowledge show, And cause us in her ways to go.

I don't remember seeing a lot about wisdom and knowledge in hymns, and I like it here. Of course Wisdom here is another name for God/Jesus, but that's okay. Too often I think this aspect is missing.

1 Comments:

At December 26, 2008 2:04 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

I agree that Wisdom is too often missing. I wonder what is to be done about that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home