Friday, January 16, 2009

Weapon of Choice

I was watching The Fuse 20 (Fuse is a music video channel) last night with the theme of celebrity cameos. Number one was Christopher Walken in Fatboy Slim's video for Weapon of Choice. I'd heard the words before but it hadn't sunk in until last night that there is a reference to Frank Herbert's Dune. The repeated line is something like: "Don't walk in rhythm and you won't attract the worm."

So if you haven't figured it out yet, I spend a lot of time watching tv. I did also make some more chocolate chip/morsel oatmeal cookies last night, but that wasn't my main deal.

(voice of Jerry Seinfeld impersonator) What is the deal with chocolate morsels? Does some global nutritional industrial complex own the rights to the phrase chocolate chip that Nestle calls their chocolate bits morsels?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 16, 2009 7:10 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

I love that video. I'd never listened to the words at all, but I think it's fabulous that it references Dune.

sheaken

 
At January 19, 2009 12:48 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I looked at my notes, and the actual phrase was "Walk without rhythm and you won't attract the worm."

It is a really nice video.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home