Thursday, November 11, 2010

Drat!

I missed a day. Here's some pictures of the pumpkin cheese buttons. They didn't taste much of pumpkin, but they're a nice color and there's more nutrition in them now.

Dry ingredients: 4 cups flour (increased to account for added moisture of pumpkin), 1.75 tsp baking soda, 2.5 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp salt (this seems low on salt, but Tbls. would be too much)



Wet ingredients: 9 cups dry curd cottage cheese, four eggs (added one for consistency), 2 cups sour cream, one can pumpkin puree



Combined. It is a pretty stiff dough.






Here they are baked (350 degrees for 23 minutes). The final touch is heating them up in cream, ideally in the oven at 300 for 20 minutes, but for the potluck, I used my slow cooker which works okay if you start it an hour ahead of time.

2 Comments:

At November 11, 2010 8:02 AM, Blogger Leah said...

I'm sure I've posted this here before on a previous cheese buttons post, but I seem to remember our cheese buttons using lasagna noodles in some way.

I can't remember now, but does this sound familiar as a variation?

 
At November 11, 2010 2:21 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I don't remember the previous post, so I'm glad you mentioned it again.

I have a varenike recipe which is similar, but the dough is fried instead of baked. And then there are recipes with similar fillings and a pierogi sort of application. The lasagna noodles sound good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home