Saturday, November 13, 2010

Loyalties

Tonight's Husker game was only on pay-per-view because they're going against a team they were favored by 35 points to beat. Instead of shelling out the 40 bucks to watch it at home, I figured I'd go to one of the many bars carrying the game downtown.

I hadn't let Merle out for his ten minutes of fresh air, so I thought I'd do that before I headed downtown. I also needed to sweep the leaves off our front steps and sidewalk, and this is when Merle took his opportunity and went who knows where. I walked around the immediate area for a half hour after losing track of him, but the game was fast approaching. So after making two or three passes and not seeing him I went to the game, hoping he would turn up at the steps when I came back three hours later.

And he did. Part of my distress was that earlier in the week he'd run across the street which he normally doesn't do and was quite reluctant to be wrangled by me when I followed after to get him. So I wasn't sure he'd come back. I'm not going to take this incidence as a reason to trust him outside alone though. I can do without the drama, and as much as he is sometimes a nuisance, I'd be sad to lose him.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 13, 2010 11:11 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Ah! I'm glad Merle's okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home