Sunday, November 20, 2005

"Steal my daddy's cue and make a living outta playin pool"

The comic genius of Ben Stiller and musicalness of Jack Johnsonest together in one video, plus a girl named Taylor (very hot).

Jarhead is a good film if you like the slice of life stuff. The plot wasn't very demanding, but that probably would have gotten in the way of the characters or something. Sam Mendes, director of American Beauty and Road to Perdition, two films I really enjoyed, did fine with what he was wanting to accomplish, but I don't think he was trying to accomplish enough. I guess the film was based on a book by the lead character. so there is that.

Blessings upon you,

Rodney Stuart

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 21, 2005 9:00 AM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Ugh... Road to Perdition was too dark for me, although I did enjoy American Beauty. I won't be seeing Jarhead without some strong recommendations, as war movies aren't really my scene anyway.

 
At November 21, 2005 9:06 PM, Blogger bryant said...

I have been meaning to read the book for sometime. When I saw it was going to be a movie I thought that might be a short cut. But I guess if it wasnt' good, I'll just keep thinking I'm going to read the book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home